2018 Transatlantic Conference
May 30, 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Transatlantic Conference is a joint effort with the Multi-Employer Benefit Plan Council of Canada and the European Association of Paritarian Institutions as part of the International Consortium of Advocates for Worker Benefit Security to consider topics of broad interest to jointly trusteed pension and health plans across the US, Canada and Europe.The conference brings together leading experts in pension and health benefits, trustees and plan professionals from around the world to share knowledge and experiences relating to jointly trusteed benefit plans.
We will hold our 2019 Transatlantic Conference June 19-21, 2019 at the beautiful Sagamore Resort in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State.
This event will bring together leading experts in pension and health benefits, as well as Trustees and plan professionals from around the world to share their knowledge and expertise. The conference will include two days devoted to global topics of interest in the areas of pension and healthcare including:
– the increased global focus on ESG factors and “Green” investing in selecting and evaluating investments
– pension solvency metrics, plan management tools, and pension backstops throughout the world
– innovations in risk sharing plan designs
– mental health in the workplace, including the opioid epidemic
– approaches to medical marijuana with a particular focus on the changing legal landscapes in the United States and Canada, and
– a case study from Finland on the effectiveness of their holistic approach to disability
The final morning of the conference is devoted to the state of labor/management relations and bargaining throughout the world including the challenges in dealing with new forms of employment and the mobility of workers.
**Conference and hotel registration now available!**