Advocating on behalf of multiemployer plans, sponsoring employers and unions, and plan professionals to strengthen and preserve the multiemployer benefits system.
We will hold our 2019 Transatlantic Conference June 19-21, 2019 at the beautiful Sagamore Resort in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State.
**The hotel room block closes *MAY 17.* Please make your reservations now, as the hotel is at or approaching capacity for some of the conference nights.**
This event will bring together leading experts in pension and health benefits, as well as Trustees and plan professionals from around the world to share their knowledge and expertise. The conference will include two days devoted to global topics of interest in the areas of pension and healthcare including:
– the increased global focus on ESG factors and “Green” investing in selecting and evaluating investments
– pension solvency metrics, plan management tools, and pension backstops throughout the world
– innovations in risk sharing plan designs
– mental health in the workplace, including the opioid epidemic
– approaches to medical marijuana with a particular focus on the changing legal landscapes in the United States and Canada, and
– a case study from Finland on the effectiveness of their holistic approach to disability
The final morning of the conference is devoted to the state of labor/management relations and bargaining throughout the world including the challenges in dealing with new forms of employment and the mobility of workers.
**Conference and hotel registration now available!**
Enter your email address below to stay up to date on breaking developments, issues, and legislation of interest to multiemployer plan sponsors and professionals, as well as the efforts of the NCCMP on behalf of the multiemployer community.
In June 2001, the NCCMP created the annual John L. Lewis Award. Named for the former UMWA President whose vision and leadership fashioned the most influential multiemployer plans of the 20th century, the John L. Lewis Award is designed to recognize the contributions of an individual or organization whose achievements in the multiemployer arena exemplify those of its namesake.
Mariah Becker April 23, 2019
Mariah Becker March 7, 2019